Jameson has been an industry leader since 1956. In the 1950’s Jameson began a partnership between two manufactures representatives, James C. Crates and W.G. Pearson. By 1956 they were calling on rural electric, telephone, and power utility customers. The company began assembly operations of what is now known as fiberglass hot sticks, pruner poles and lay-up sticks used by utilities across the United States.
After the passing of Mr. Pearson in 1960, Mr. Crates’ sons, James M. Crates joined the business and the name Jameson was coined.
Jameson manufactured silicone filled splice sleeves throughout the 1960’s and then expanded the fiberglass pole line throughout the 1970’s. In 1980 Jameson designed and introduced the first continuous fiberglass conduit ever made in the U.S., called the Big Buddy. Today the Buddy line has become the most successful and complete line of rodders in the marketplace.
The portable fluorescent light line was introduced in the 1980’s and in the 1990’s Jameson began manufacturing the finest quality lineman and splicer shears, knives and scissors.
In 2000 Jameson moved into our new 50,000 square foot Clover, South Carolina plant. As we approach our seventh decade of doing business, we remain committed to the manufacture of only the finest quality products.
In 2017 following Jameson LLC joining Huskie Tools, now known as Huskie-Jameson became part of Spartaco LLC. Spartaco LLC is headquartered in Glendale, IL. Jameson continues its manufacturing operations in Clover, South Carolina.